Sunday, October 26, 2014

Answered prayers

 
 
Patience is something I have to be mindful of when it comes to prayer. Though I have faith, in the past, I have found myself "making things happen" rather than being still and waiting. Yet I know from experience that my prayers have always been answered. Sometimes the hardest thing is to say your prayer, then let go of the results. Many times I have made the mistake of taking things into my own hands (of course I convinced myself that it wasn't my will)...and what a mess I usually made. These days I am being still and doing nothing, but it's not easy. However, trying to get my way no longer works either. I'm tired of hitting brick walls, which is usually where my will takes me. So for today, I surrender to the truth that there is nothing I need to do but breathe...
 
*****