Friday, January 2, 2015

Cleansing your soul

 
Doing your grief work is every bit as important as doing your shame work, anger work, forgiveness work... They are all part of the healing process. Grief's purpose is to renew us. Without grief, our sorrow becomes buried and our hearts frozen. Sorrow is 
our friend, not our enemy. We should never try to avoid it. 

As for myself, I've wept many, many times. I've wept for all the ways I've deserted and disrespected myself. I've wept over lost opportunities, regrets, and disappointments. I've wept for the little girl in me who struggled in an abusive home. I've wept for the woman who didn't believe in herself. I've wept for three broken marriages, for the loss of my daughter, and for all the people I've dearly loved who are gone. I've wept for those who have been harmed by my mistakes and those who have harmed me. I have wept until I was sure I was emptied out, and then wept again.
 
******