Thursday, January 8, 2015

Feeling good

 
When you start dismantling old beliefs, it can be like child birth. Painful, joyful, scary... I made a decision at the beginning of last year to trade my perfectionism in for authenticity. Since then, my life has been turned upside down, literally shaking the falseness out of it.
 
What a year it's been! I am still gritting my teeth (for real). Though I've accepted the many changes that happened, there is still some residue of fear and resistance I have to work on (that's why my jaw is tight). But I also feel the energy of something new and exciting. It's a feeling of aliveness! And I have been immersing myself in it. Do I care about what it took to get here? Nope! It's like childbirth.You soon forget the pain because the joy is far, far greater.
 
It's imperative that we tear down any dilapidated patterns of thinking or behaviors. Face it, we were all handed some pretty twisted ideals about ourselves and life, growing up. All of which can be changed. Not an easy process because it has to be experienced from a place that is deeper than you bleed. But if you are sick of feeling sick and want to make a difference in the world, then prepare to change.
 
*****
"Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames"
-Rumi