Friday, January 16, 2015

Getting stronger

On top of the world

Besides shame, another thing that can be debilitating is fear. Ever wonder how many decisions you make in a day based on fear? It happens more than you think! Are there certain areas of your life in which you are stuck...not moving forward...can't make a decision...too afraid to take risks...living too small....settling for less?
 
If you give into fear, it's like feeding a hungry lion. There will be no end to it. It will just take more and more from you. I still experience fear, I'm not afraid of being afraid. When I notice the lion (fear), I refuse to give it food. I've learned to breathe and push myself forward. I took the power away from fear. It's certainly robbed me of so much in the past, but it doesn't get to have my future. Nor should it have yours.

******
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
― Nelson Mandela