Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Following your heart

 
Don't regret your past. Trust that it's all part of some divine plan.

I know that all my experiences have helped bring me closer to a dream I've had since I was a little girl. In a quest to achieve my vision, I've had to fall many times down the rabbit hole...abuse, addiction, loss, co-dependency, illness. Some of my struggles were self-inflicted, some were not. Though one might say my story has been one of tragedy and sorrow, I disagree. I'm certain that everything has been part of a mysterious plan to help me find my way back to who I am...to meet the person who has always existed beneath the wounds.

I've learned that my dreams can only be as big as my sense of worthiness. I had a lot of work to do in that area. I also needed lessons of the heart which would teach me about compassion, empathy, and unconditional love. The loss of daughter was my hardest lesson and my biggest gift. It broke me wide open...

My daughter, Jody
 
There once was a little girl who didn't believe in herself, but she had a dream... I am closer to home now. I feel myself being pulled towards actualized dreams and infinite possibilities.

My hope is for all your dreams come true too...

*****

 
Nobody will protect you from your suffering. 
 You can't cry it away or eat it away or starve it away or walk it away... 
 It's just there, and you have to survive it. You have to endure it. 
 You have to live through it and love it and move on
and be better for it and run as far as you can in the direction
of your best and happiest dreams across the bridge that was built
by your own desire to heal.”
Cheryl Strayed