Monday, February 9, 2015

A soulful connection


Time heal all heartaches except one - 
the longing for God and
an innate need to connect with ourselves.

There was a time I felt an ache
for something that was foreign to me.
Filling the void with external things
only brought small increments of relief. 
 
Then eight years ago, I lost my daughter.
After plunging into the deepest sorrow
and the darkest place I had ever been,
I was certain I'd never feel whole again.

But I witnessed the resurrection of my own heart.
And learned that losses transform into wings.
I'm not so afraid of what life might throw me
because I know now I'll always rise above it.
 
However, what I can't survive without,
that has become as vital as breathing, is faith.
Nor can I betray myself again by disconnecting
from the kind of truth that comes from
a place deep within my soul.
 

We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface
but connected in the deep.”   ― William James

*****